Thursday, 10 February 2011

Victorian Valentine...

Well ladies and gents, here is my latest creation...


What with the world gearing up for Valentine's Day on the 14th, I decided to enter into the lovey-dovey spirit and create a pair of decidedly Victorian love themed earrings. The heart charms themselves are just beautiful - they have that oh-so-Victorian intricacy that I've always loved, and a nice slightly burnished finished so they don't look too new. I also decided to echo the shape of the small gold charms at the top by adding little bicone crystal beads, choosing a nice taupe colour to bring out the rich, intense red of the main beads. At first I tried making these with gold wire, but they just didn't look right, so I switched to copper which I think looks much more 'antique' and suitable.

Hope you like them, and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, be it with the love of your life, your friends, or your family. They're all precious, so let them know how much you care about them. <3

*****
These earrings are currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. I was actually thinking of doing a pair myself for my girlfriend. Great work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete